Ignite Volleyball lives by these Core Values in everything we do. They are the cornerstone in how we operate.
- Do the right thing, always.
“One of the truest tests of Integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised.” – Chinua Achebe
- Honesty through our conversations with all stakeholders.
“No legacy is so rich as honesty.” – William Shakespeare.
- Priorities as a member of Ignite: 1) Family, 2) School, 3) Ignite Volleyball, 4) Everything Else.
“Action expresses priorities.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- Our coaches are our greatest asset and through that, our athletes will receive the best experience in Ontario and Canada.
“He allowed me to make a difference in the program by putting me in the very heart of things, not at the periphery. When a good leader does that, people feel centred and that gives their work meaning.” – Lee Maes, Assistant Coach at the University of Colorado when speaking of Nebraska Head Coach John Cook about his time at Nebraska as the Assistant Coach.
- If coaches are our greatest asset, athletes and parents are our greatest gift and we treat them as such. All staff of Ignite work tirelessly in their volunteer roles to deliver the best program for all families based on the goals of the respective team. We are a team-first Club.
“Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups. Winners assemble as a team.” – NFL Hall of Famer Bill Parcells